Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer time is coming to an end...



With summer coming to a close, we spent two weekends ago in Morehead to work on the Gazebo project some more. This weekend while I was in Florida, Nathan and his folks worked on the shingles and copula so it is almost complete! Danny and Amelia also bought us the gazebo chandelier that I was pretty much in love with. Super cute huh? I think it looks like something from long ago with its little candle holders and wrought iron scroll work. I think we will have to have a shin dig soon to celebrate!  Lucy seems to be a fan of the new space too.







Also new on the Morehead home front was a rose bush. My first one! I hope I can keep it alive, might have to recruit the family green thumb, my mother in law, Amelia, to assist us with that. The roses are a pale pink when they bloom. I also had Danny help me to drill holes in my daisy pots so I could finally get something to live in them, and Mums were just the thing to welcome in the fall. I brought those back to the house in Lexington for my first piece of fall décor! 
I got back from Florida yesterday and had a great time; I will write a post on that soon and upload some pics!







No comments: